Interested in working with me?
Fantastic! Let’s define the first requirement: You need to have a strong suspicion or confirmed diagnosis of Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue made by a medical professional.
If you are just beginning to think you might have Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue — or doubting that you do — becoming my client is not the place to start: You need a thorough medical evaluation. If you have questions, you can take this brief quiz
You could also purchase an in-person or phone-based “Meet-and-Greet” in which I will direct you to the right resources.
Confirmed (or strongly suspected) diagnosis of Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue
Now, then, on to the next requirement…
If you are ready to take responsibility and be proactive in taking care of yourself, we will work great together! If you are passive and interested in someone “bailing you out” with a magic cure, I am not that doctor.
Strong desire to take responsibility for your health and wellness
If you are willing to make changes (sometimes drastic) in order to fight for your health, then our program will work well for you! If you are a person who likes talk more than action, or is overly-satisfied with the current way you are managing the disease, then it won’t be a good fit. I wouldn’t want to waste your time or money.
Willingness to make changes
Still on board? Excellent.
Let me tell you exactly what I will do for you. The concept is simple:
Together, we will systematically explore all of the research-based and scientifically-validated means of treating FM/CF, with an emphasis on holistic and natural remedies.
Our treatment program will address the following areas:
1. Genetic testing for problems affecting B-vitamin processing and neurotransmitters (e.g. MTHFR, COMT).
2. Thoroughly test for any nutritional deficiencies that may be playing a role (e.g. Vitamin D, magnesium, coenzyme Q10 — just to name a few).
3. Assess hormonal status (especially thyroid and adrenal function).
4. Assess and optimize your antioxidant status.
5. Assess and treat chronic inflammation.
6. Screen for autoimmune problems.
7. Screen for intrinsic muscle pathology (e.g, myopathies).
8. Improve your gut health.
9. Test for and treat any underlying infections (candida, C-difficile, etc.).
10. Improve your sleep.
11. Begin supplements to improve your “brain fog”, if present.
12. Devise a physical activity plan that works for you.
13. Devise a treatment plan for any musculoskeletal problems that may be hindering you (e.g. hip, back or knee pain).
14. Treat depression.
15. Discuss coping strategies for successful living with chronic illness. (Thrive, not survive!)
In short, think of this as your opportunity for a systematic health makeover. This is your opportunity to systematically address different aspects of your health in order to feel better than you have in years.
I do not promise that we will cure your disease.
But I do offer you an excellent chance to feel better.
I do promise not to waste your time and money.
I do promise not to ask you to do one single thing that doesn’t have a valid, scientific basis.
I do promise to listen, to care, and to work closely with you to fight together for the best quality of life possible.
Together, we will leave no stone unturned in our quest to help you feel as healthy and vibrant as possible. When we are done, you will have a personalized action plan that is scientifically-based for living well despite your FM/CF. You will have implemented healthy changes poised to create significant and lasting benefits into the future. (And you likely will have inspired a few people around you!)
When we are done, you can rest your head on your pillow every night knowing that you have done everything possible — from a scientific perspective, and with an emphasis on natural remedies — to help yourself.